21 Jan 2011

Listening to Jaymo and Andy George on radio one tonight got me thinking about new years resolutions.  Now we are already three weeks into the new year, and by this time, generally speaking, people have lapsed back into eating carbs, smoking and yelling at people.  I never made, not do I really anyway, any resolutions.  I always wonder whether resolutions are worth making, since I am constantly telling myself to be a better, more well-rounded person all year anyway, so I just end up feeling like a failure before the new year is even in! 

Well I see this blog as a chance to be realistic about my life, and what I want to achieve.  I've always thought "when I turn eighteen I'll look like this, I'll be like this, and I'll be able to do this", which soon changed to "when I turn twenty one, I'll look like this, Ill be like this and I'll be able to do this." This was not good! Now that I am twenty one, the most I have achieved on my list of desired attributes is longer hair and clearer skin [hardly anything to pat myself on the back about].  Why am I not giving myself anything more realistic to do??

After careful consideration, I've made a list [oh how I love lists] of realistic resolutions activities to focus on this year:



1. stop abusing my savings! I really need to be more responsible when it comes to money and carefully considering the choices I make when it comes to funding my ridiculous clothes and make up habit.

2. Stop torturing myself over food and weight. It's not big (and neither am I) and it's not clever. I want to stop obsessing over food that goes in, and enjoy what I eat without feeling bad.

3. Learn something new. Actually, I want to pick up something old; ballet. I haven't done it for fifteen years, but I've found a begginers course in the city and once I'm working again I'm determined to do it! I also want to try my hand at yoga, knitting and pick up the clarinet again (even if I only manage to master the basic notes!)

4. Cut my hair regularly! If I want it to grow that extra two inches I have to work for it! I will have hair like Clemence Poesy!

5. Stop messing with my sleep pattern. It so does not help my mood, stress levels or metabolism. If I can get up at a regular time, I can do more in the day [as well as being a better girlfriend by not keeping the boy up all morning with the sounds of ANTM...]

6. To accept that I can't do everything, and that its okay to forget to book that haircut, spend that forbidden £5 on my fifth mascara, or have a lie in. Just not all the time.

So what are your new years resolutions?

JESSICA ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment